Growth hormone (GH) peptide therapy involves injecting synthetic growth hormone releasing peptides (GHRPs) like sermorelin, ipamorelin, or CJC-1295 to stimulate the body's own natural growth hormone production. It is used to counteract declining GH levels that occur with aging.
The key benefits of growth hormone therapy include:
How Does GH Peptide Therapy Work?
- Increased muscle mass and decreased body fat - GH helps build lean muscle and burn fat
- Strengthened bones - GH increases bone mineral density
- Enhanced exercise performance - GH improves strength, endurance and workout recovery
- Improved skin texture - GH boosts skin elasticity and thickness
- Boosted energy levels - GH enhances alertness and stamina
GH production begins declining after age 30, resulting in lower IGF-1 levels. This contributes to signs of aging like decreased muscle tone, increased body fat, lower bone density, reduced energy, and thinner skin.
- GHRPs stimulate the pituitary gland to release stored GH
- The extra GH signals the liver to produce more insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1)
- Higher GH and IGF-1 levels help reverse the effects of aging listed above
The treatment involves very small injections just under the skin 1-2 times per day. Cycles typically run for 4-6 months, followed by 4 weeks off before starting another round.
Types of GH Peptides
There are three main types of GH peptides:
- Sermorelin - Closest to natural GH, good for beginners
- Ipamorelin - Very potent, longer lasting, minimal side effects
- CJC-1295 - Most powerful, promotes longest GH release
Equilibrium Hormone Institute specializes in sermorelin and ipamorelin as they provide an excellent balance of effectiveness and safety for most patients.
GH Peptide Therapy Benefits
Is GH Peptide Therapy Safe?
- Increased lean muscle mass - GH is essential for building muscle. Peptide therapy enhances workout results.
- Decreased body fat - Particularly beneficial for reducing abdominal fat and love handles.
- Stronger bones - Slows age-related bone density loss to reduce fracture risk.
- Younger looking skin - Stimulates thickening and elasticity for a more youthful appearance.
- Better exercise performance - Quicker recovery, increased strength and cardio endurance lead to better gym results.
- Improved mood and cognitive function - GH may relieve anxiety and enhances alertness and concentration.
- Strengthened immune system - GH regulates white blood cell production to better fight illness.
- Faster wound healing - GH accelerates tissue repair and recovery from both injuries and surgery.
When administered properly at optimal dosages, growth hormone peptides have an excellent safety profile with minimal side effects. Since they stimulate natural GH release rather than injecting synthetic GH, GHRPs avoid potential risks like diabetes, joint pain
and carpal tunnel syndrome sometimes seen with artificial GH.
Who is a Candidate for GH Peptide Therapy?
GH peptide therapy is appropriate for otherwise healthy adults ages 35-75 with:
- Declining quality of life - due to low energy, poor fitness level, diminished skin quality
- Increased stubborn body fat - resistant to diet and exercise
- Loss of muscle tone and strength
- Reduced bone density - placing them at higher risk of fractures and breaks
The experienced hormone optimization physicians at Equilibrium Hormone Institute
carefully evaluate each patient's labs, medical history and symptoms to design a customized GH peptide therapy program for your unique needs. We monitor your progress and safety through follow up assessments and bloodwork.
Contact us today to find out if you may benefit from growth hormone peptide therapy!