Stamina refers to the ability to sustain prolonged physical or mental effort. It is a key component of athletic performance and general health. At Equilibrium Hormone Institute(/), we specialize in optimizing clients' hormone levels to help improve stamina and energy.
When it comes to sports and exercise, greater stamina allows you to:
What impacts stamina?
- Train longer without getting exhausted
- Recover faster between workouts
- Perform at a high level for the full duration of a competition
Several factors influence stamina:
- Cardiovascular fitness: The heart and lungs must efficiently circulate oxygenated blood to working muscles.
- Muscular strength: Stronger muscles use oxygen and nutrients more efficiently.
- Body composition: Excess body fat forces the cardiovascular system to work harder.
- Nutrition: Adequate intake of macros, vitamins and minerals fuels muscles.
Pro tip: Time carbs for a sustained energy release.
- Hormones: Hormones like testosterone and growth hormone ramp up energy levels.
As we age, hormone declines sap our youthful vitality and stamina. But Equilibrium Hormone Institute(/) can help restore optimal hormone balance with custom treatment plans!
How to improve stamina
Follow these 5 tips
to boost your stamina over time:
- Do regular cardio like running, cycling or swimming
- Incorporate muscle-strengthening moves
- Eat a nutrient-dense diet with healthy carbs
- Allow for proper rest and recovery
- Consider hormone optimization under a doctor's supervision
By improving cardiovascular health, building muscle strength, fueling properly, allowing adequate rest between workouts and optimizing hormones, you can enhance your body's stamina and feel more energetic in everyday life.
Let me know if you have any other questions! I'm happy to provide more fitness, nutrition or hormone advice.