The cost of testosterone injections without insurance varies greatly and depends on several factors. The main factors that impact the cost are:
Typical per month costs:
- Type of testosterone: There are different types of injectable testosterone such as testosterone cypionate, testosterone enanthate, and testosterone propionate. Testosterone cypionate tends to be the most affordable option.
- Dosage: The dosage prescribed impacts the total cost. A typical starting dosage is around 200mg every 2 weeks. Higher doses generally cost more.
- Brand: The brand and manufacturer of the testosterone product can affect price as well. Generic brands are usually much cheaper than name brands.
- Pharmacy: Prices can differ between retail pharmacies, online/mail-order pharmacies, compounding pharmacies, etc. Online and compounding pharmacies sometimes offer better pricing.
- Location: Geographic location and cost of living factors may cause prices to vary. Testosterone tends to cost more in major metropolitan areas.
- Generic 200mg/mL testosterone cypionate 10mL vial: $40-90
- Brand name testosterone cypionate 10mL vial (e.g. Depo-Testosterone): $150-450
So without insurance, the typical monthly cost of testosterone injections ranges from $40-450 depending on the specific product and dose
. Some ways to save money on testosterone include:
✔️ Use goodrx coupons or manufacturer copay cards
✔️ Choose generic over brand name
✔️ Use online/mail-order pharmacies
✔️ Consider compounding pharmacies
✔️ Compare prices between different pharmacies
At Equilibrium Hormone Institute() Hormone Clinic, we provide high quality compounded testosterone injections at competitive prices. As an online telemedicine clinic specializing in TRT and hormone therapy, we offer convenient virtual consultations, customized treatment plans, easy self-injection training, and free shipping. Contact us today for a free assessment to see if TRT is right for you.
I hope this breakdown gives you a better idea of the typical costs associated with testosterone replacement therapy without insurance. Please let me know if you have any other questions!