Did you know that one in every five men have a low libido? On the other hand, up to 50 percent of women are hit by little to no sex drive. Whether you are a man or a woman, the reasons for lack of libido were almost the same – psychological problems, physical issues, stress, endless responsibilities, and the list goes on. Still, one thing’s for sure: there are tricks available that will help you on how to increase sex drive and improve your sex life.
Are you ready to find out what these are? Then make sure to read until the end to find out how to boost libido, starting with this tip:
1. The Amazing Effects of Libido-Boosting Fruits Down There
You know that food plays an important role in your sex drive. The challenge now is choosing the right foods to make sure you increase sexual desire.
Forget about oysters. Here are your other options to boost sex drive:
- Avocado – They are rich in unsaturated fats, which are good for your heart and arteries for proper blood flow.
- Strawberries – Aside from the color that makes women sexier, red is also a symbolism of lust and fire – in a good way. Strawberries can be an excellent libido-boosting food because aside from its color, it boosts sperm count in men and minimizes birth defects on women.
- Almonds – These are nutrient-dense and rich in minerals like zinc and selenium, which are essential for reproduction and overall sexual health.
- Arugula – It is one of the oldest yet effective arousal aids that come with antioxidants and minerals essential for boosting your sexual health.
You know what to do. On your next trip to the grocery, make sure you add these foods too.
2. Get to Know the Truth and the Link Between Sex and Chocolates
You will never run out of options when it comes to how to achieve increased libido. In fact, one of the popular ways in this department is by eating chocolates.
What’s the real score behind this?
There are several studies that link chocolate with sex. This is because chocolates contain phenyl-ethylamine or PEA, which increases your dopamine levels and stimulates the pleasure centers in your brain. Tryptophan is also another component that makes chocolate inviting inside the bedroom. It helps in the production of serotonin and produces the feeling of elation.
Anandamide is another component found in chocolates that increases libido. This increases your sensitivity and sense of well-being, which are what you need inside the bedroom.
Just make sure you stick to at least 70 percent cocoa content to enjoy these benefits.
3. Pour a Little Wine and Say Hi to An Amazing Sex Drive
The truth is alcohol makes everything better, at least inside the bedroom. It puts your guard down, makes you more at ease, and gets you in the mood for sex. It also makes you feel more confident, relaxed, and willing to let loose.
In other words, alcohol helps boost sex drive.
Still, this doesn’t mean you should finish an entire bottle of vodka, since it won’t be beneficial down there. If you are serious about how to increase male sex drive or boosting your partner’s libido, then consider red wine in the drinking list.
Red wine contains various compounds that increase blood flow in erogenous areas and boost the level of sexual desire in women. For men, red wine helps increase testosterone levels in the blood, which leads to increased sex drive and appetite.
Here’s the catch: make sure you and your partner won’t drink more than a bottle. If you want to enhance your sexual experience, make sure to drink up to two glasses of red wine only. This is enough to get you in the mood and good in bed.
4. Say Hello to the Best Proteins in Town to Boost Sex Drive
Food can make or break your sex drive. There are many libido-boosting foods available to make sure your sex drive is readily available, but make sure you always have this: protein. Protein is the most basic building block of tissues that helps build lean muscles, improves the supply of amino acids in your body, and promote sexual health.
Apparently, it’s not just any kind of protein. Below are some of the best protein sources you should include in your diet:
- Salmon: Already rich in omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin B12.
- Herring: Also helps boost testosterone levels and keeps your sperm healthy.
- Mackerel: Not only good for the heart but also good for your part.
- Amaranth and Teff: Gluten-free seeds that are also rich in fiber and calcium.
- Nuts: Such as cashew, walnuts, and Brazil nuts.
- Chicken Breast: A lean protein when you bake or broil it.
- Pork Loin: Another lean meat, if it is roasted or baked.
- Lamb: One of the most potent proteins that is also rich in zinc
Make sure you include these protein-rich foods to help you on how to increase testosterone and eventually your sex drive. If you need a boost in your T levels, try Provacyl. It is an all-natural testosterone booster that not only boosts your testosterone but also helps you in increasing your sex drive.
5. Say Hello to Five Effective Exercises that Boost Libido for Good
Apart from what you eat, your physical activities are also crucial in whether you can get it up or not. The same goes for women.
If you want to seal the deal inside the bedroom, then here are five exercises that can help you:
- Yoga – This activity encourages mind-body connection to help you become more tuned with your body. It also reduces your stress levels, which could be beneficial in keeping your man up. Don’t worry. Yoga works for men and women both.
- Walking – It increases your energy levels and mental alertness – and all it takes is at least 10 minutes every day.
- Running – If you need to boost blood circulation to heighten sensation, then this type of exercise is your best bet. Better blood flow leads to easier arousal and higher levels of orgasm, thereby improving your sex life.
- Resistance Training – This is recommended in case you need a workout that regulates your hormones. It also increases your muscle mass and testosterone levels, which are both useful inside the bedroom.
- Pilates – Body image can be among the many culprits for low sex drive. Pilates helps you improve your body image, which could translate to better and more positive disposition in bed.
What’s your pick?
Apart from lifestyle habits, you attitude towards sex is also important when it comes to how to increase sex drive in men naturally. Keep reading to find out how you can change your sexual mindset – and gain your libido and sex life once again.
6. Five Steps in Making Your Bedroom Ready for Action
Before you finalize your plans for the night, here is one area you need to check: the bedroom. It may not seem a lot, but how your bedroom looks could make or break your date – and a chance to have the best sex of your life.
Here are tips on how to make your bedroom ready for something sexy:
- Remove the clutter and make it as bare as possible.
- Take note of your wall art and make sure you choose something that can immediately bring strong associations.
- Don’t forget the light dimmers to help you set the mood.
- Change the sheets and invest in something with higher thread count.
- Always have everything in two’s – two pillows, two glasses for wine, two towels – you get the picture.
It won’t hurt if you add music and some essential oils in your room. This will definitely set the mood and get you both ready for action.
7. How to Increase Sex Drive by Reinventing Date Nights
Do you want to know how to increase female sex drive? Then re-invent date nights. Check out some of these dating ideas to up your game:
- Watch a theater show.
- Go back in time and visit places like where you had your first date, first kiss, the “yes” moment, and anything that will remind you of your relationship.
- Go on a trip to an amusement park.
- Enroll in a class like one-day cooking class.
In other words, stay away from the mainstream and try something new. Aside from boosting your libido, it could also help strengthen your relationship and make sex even more exciting.
Before you do this, make sure you read the next tip.
8. Get to Know Why Adding Sex in Your Routine Increases Libido Like No Other
All of the techniques mentioned above will work. How will you know if these strategies are effective?
The first thing you should do is to add “sex” in your must do list. You can start incorporating this in your routine once a week and then eventually increase frequency until you feel that sex is no longer a chore.
What’s the reason behind this? The answer is simple. It allows you to take a break from the everyday stress and responsibilities that you have to deal with daily. Yes, you lose spontaneity somewhere along the way, but the good thing about scheduling sex dates is that you are able to prepare for what’s about to come. This keeps you more connected to your partner and gives you room for creativity to make sex more exciting.
What are you waiting for? Schedule regular time for sex and you might be surprised with how this will change not your appetite for sex but also your sex life.
There are still more libido-boosting tips you should know plus how to increase sex drive in men over 40, so make sure you stick around until the end.
9. Fix and Don’t Be Meek: Addressing Relationship Issues for a Better Sex Drive and Sex Life
Conflicts, arguments, and misunderstanding will always be staples in every relationship. In fact, they are inevitable. Unfortunately, these conflicts, especially if left unresolved, could take a toll in your sex life and your relationship. By unresolved, this means avoidance, silence, and refusal to communicate.
How you relay your issues is also a factor you need to address. Even if you talk and try to resolve the conflict, how you talk and your attitude towards your partner also matters. If you are in a defensive, violent, and refuse-to-back-down mode, then you won’t solve anything.
What is the best way to address conflict?
Keep your heads cool and address the issue in a mature, adult way. Don’t force each other to sit down and resolve the conflict if one is not yet ready. It is important to address relationship issues while you can think straight and rationally to be able to find an amicable solution, sans the tension.
When you are both ready, bring out your listening ears and listen. Give each other a chance to talk and listen to what one has to say. Little by little, you will be able to resolve your issues in the relationship and eventually, get your groove back inside the bedroom.
10. Reunited and It Feels So Good: Strengthen Emotional Connection for New and Improved Sex Drive
For men, sex is about getting physical. Seeing a naked woman can already get you excited and in the mood for sex. Apparently, it’s a different case for women. You need to tap into her emotions and make sure you two are connected.
How does this work?
You need to get past the biological aspect and look at sex as a means to connect, have fun, and share feelings of love. You need to make her feel good and secured so she can bare herself to you. Once you connected with her emotions, she will gladly return the favor by satisfying your needs as well.
At the end of the day, it’s also about acceptance and understanding. In case you’re wondering, this is also one of the most effective ways on how to increase sex drive while on birth control.
While you’re at it, make sure you read the next tip.
11. Say Hello to the Powerful Effects of A 20-Second Hug to Increase Sex Drive
There is something about hugs that makes it one of the most powerful weapons in the world of intimacy.
A three-second hug could help since it triggers oxytocin, also known as the cuddle or hug hormone, to work in your body. Apparently, new study revealed that hugs trigger the release of anandamide, a bliss chemical that activates certain receptors in your brain that leads to increased happiness and motivation.
What’s the bottom line? Give your partner a hug and make sure it lasts for 20 seconds. Give her a surprise hug and try to be spontaneous about it. This is enough to trigger oxytocin and anandamide to kick into your system and get you both in the mood for sex.
12. Bye Bye Stress: Get Rid of Stress and Instantly Bring Your Sex Life Back on the Map
If you think that stress is just a woman thing, then think again. Stress affects men and the results are not as good as they look.
It turns out that stress narrows your arteries, which could affect blood flow and eventually your ability to get it up and maintain an erection. Stress also affects your hormones in a negative way and may potentially lead to erectile dysfunction. A study published in the Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease also revealed that stress has a direct effect on sexual issues.
Here’s the good news: you can do something about stress – and get your sex drive back. Apart from identifying and addressing your stressors, it is important to get some rest, relax, take it easy, and don’t sweat the small stuff. Know your limitations and live in the moment. You don’t need stress in your life, so don’t allow it to take over your system.
Stress may be a common culprit for lack of libido, but sometimes, you need to look into your medicine cabinet and evaluate your health to make sure that they are not causing problems. Read the next sections to know more about this.
13. Take a Look Inside Your Medicine Cabinet to Find the Culprit
There are medications that help you boost libido such as the magic blue pill. On the other hand, there are pills that are doing more harm down there.
Take a look at this list of libido killer medications and check if you have it. This could be the reason why you are having a hard time down south.
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors or SSRIs, which raise your serotonin levels. If you need to take SSRI for depression issues, consider Wellbutrin.
- Oral contraceptives for women.
- Propecia for hair-loss treatment.
- Proscar for treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia.
- Antihistamines for allergies and colds.
- Anti-seizure drugs for epilepsy and other disorders.
- Beta blockers for high blood pressure.
Do you have any of these medications in your medicine cabinet? In case you have, consult your doctor and ask for alternative medications to avoid affecting your sex drive. If not, read the next section for another possible culprit and find out what you can do about it.
14. Fast but Important Facts about Thyroid Conditions You Should Know About
A study published in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism revealed that most men who experienced thyroid hormone disorders like hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism also experienced sexual dysfunctions such as low sex drive, erectile dysfunction, and premature ejaculation.
Does this mean low libido almost always equates to thyroid issues? Not necessarily, although it is advisable to get your thyroid checked for proper diagnosis.
Sexual dysfunction may be a common symptom of any thyroid issues, but this doesn’t mean there is nothing you can do about it. This is why it is important to schedule that trip to the doctor to restore the proper and functioning thyroid state and get your sex drive back.
Don’t worry. Medications are readily available. The earlier you seek treatment, the higher the chances of getting your libido and sex life back on track.
Apart from a urologist, read the next section to find out another medical professional you need to see to help you on how to increase sex drive naturally and successfully.
15. Three Crucial Cases That Will Make You Want to See a Sex Therapist – and Improve Your Sex Life
All of the techniques and strategies you learned above will help on how to increase sex drive in men. Still, there are cases when you need to forget about shame and embarrassment and schedule a trip to see the sex therapist.
A sex therapist can provide you with helpful advice and information on:
- Sex education.
- Sexual functioning, which includes issues with libido, orgasm, arousal, or addressing sexual trauma among others.
- Enhancement of sex life.
The question is when are you supposed to see a therapist?
You have an option to schedule a consultation the moment you feel you are ready. In the meantime, you can try the tips on how to increase sex drive mentioned above and see what works. If all else fails and if you feel that there is a deeper problem apart from your libido, then don’t hesitate to consult a sex therapist or even a doctor.
Don’t be ashamed. You will more likely benefit from these sessions and prolonging your visit may not help in improving your sex life.